Free Word Search Crossword Template - Design Your Own Wordsearch Puzzle by Chris Dunmire · Creativity-Portal.com
SummaryBe Creative! : Design a Word Search or Crossword Puzzle Design a Word Search or Crossword Puzzle By Chris Dunmire Rememberhow fun it was to find the hidden words in a jumble of letters on the puzzle p
Be Creative! : Design a Word Search or Crossword Puzzle
Design a Word Search or Crossword Puzzle
By Chris Dunmire
Remember how fun it was to find the hidden words in a jumble of letters on the puzzle page in the newspaper? Well, now you have a chance to create your own word search to share with someone else. (This activity is wonderful for classroom activities and for keeping small minds busy!)
All you have to do is download and print our my PDF Word Search template page and then unleash your creativity by thinking up a puzzle theme and choosing words for others to find.
For an additional fun and challenges, see my Create a Crossword Puzzle instructions below.
Project Materials Needed:
- FREE Word Search Template
- Pencil and Pen
- Download my Word Search template activity page.
- Choose a search theme and write a list of 10-20 words in the space provided on the template (theme examples: animals, food, colors, seasons, holidays, TV shows).
- Next, write your words in the grid by arranging them horizontal, vertical, diagonal, up, down, and backwards.
Creativity Tip:Do this in pencil first, and later in pen. Also, try to "cross" letters in two or more words to make finding them more interesting.
- Last, fill in the rest of the empty squares with random letters. When finished, give your word search to someone else to do. Be sure to create an answer key for yourself!
If you like the idea of designing a crossword puzzle instead of a word search puzzle, you can still use my printable Word Search template to make it.
Tips to creating a crossword puzzle:
- Decide on a theme for your puzzle. Brainstorm more words than you intend on using.
- Choose at least 10 words for the entire puzzle: 5 across, and 5 down. Plan your words to cross another word at least once horizontally or vertically (think of the game Scrabble).
- Lay your words out in the grid in pencil. If you can't get a word to fit, choose another from your list. Once you're sure all the words fit together, ink in your borders and numbers (1 across, 1 down, etc.). DO NOT ink in the spaces where the words will be written.
- Write clues for each word "answer" appropriate for the age group that will solve the puzzle. Once all clues are written, erase the penciled in words on the puzzle.
- Be sure to create an answer key for yourself!
What You'll Learn:
These projects will help you to understand the brainstorming and planning that goes into laying out a simple puzzle.
The NEXT Creative Step...
If you enjoyed designing the word search or crossword puzzle, explore Creativity Portal's Interactive Activities page for more online puzzle makers and generators. •
© Chris Dunmire 2004, 2007. All rights reserved.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Photo Editor | piZap: Free Online Photo Editor and Collage MakerNo Ads Full-screen editing and no distractions More fonts, stickers and filters Thousands of additional fonts, stickers, borders, collage templates, background and stock images Higher quality images S
Food and Beverage Word Templates Designs, Download now | PoweredTemplate.comSupport Contact Us Give Feedback Follow Us
Free CSS Website Templates539 Simple House Simple House is a light-weight CSS template for your restaurant or cafe website. This is a custom responsive minimal layout. 3 HTML pages are included for...
72 + FREE & PREMIUM RESTAURANT TEMPLATES SUITABLE FOR PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS! | FrDo you need some special templates for your business? We have collected for you this interesting set of Free Restaurant templates of all kinds. All the templates look simple, clear and very perfect fo
69,190 Free PowerPoint Templates and Backgrounds from Presentation MagazineHave a browse through our large collection of free PowerPoint Templates. You can browse all of our PowerPoint templates or select them by category , popularity , colour or by tag . We also have a rang
Free Word Search Crossword Template - Design Your Own Wordsearch Puzzle by ChrisBe Creative! : Design a Word Search or Crossword Puzzle Design a Word Search or Crossword Puzzle By Chris Dunmire Rememberhow fun it was to find the hidden words in a jumble of letters on the puzzle p
Professional Free and Premium Packaging Design TemplatesProfessional Free and Premium Packaging Design Templates Package designing is an easy step to get the attention of customers to your products that are launched in the market. Packaging of any product
50+ Free PSD Restaurant Flyer Menu TemplatesWith these new and free restaurant flyer menu templates, you can easily create a menu cover design, flyer pages for any restaurant, shops with ease. Photoshop and illustrator templates which are for f
- Free Word Search Crossword Template - Design Your Own Wordsearch Puzzle by Chris
- 20 Free Bootstrap Admin & Dashboard Templates for 2020
- Tools & Templates | Gateway to Health Communication | CDC
- Company Profile Templates Samples in Word - TrainingAble
- Free PowerPoint Templates - for Microsoft PowerPoint
- Photo Editor | piZap: Free Online Photo Editor and Collage Maker
- 35 Attractive Free Flyer Templates and Designs for Inspiration - Creative CanCrea
- online food ordering system project in asp.net c#
- Food Stocktake Template for Excel
- Food and Drink
- Free HTML Templates to Download & Customize
- 14 Free Invitation Templates (Party, Holiday, Wedding and Shower)
- Food Service Contract Template - Download Free Sample
- 40 Simple Food Diary Templates & Food Log Examples
- Download 2991 Free Website Templates - CSS & HTML | Free CSS
- HACCP Plan Template [Free Download]
- 500+ Best Free Responsive HTML5 CSS3 Website Templates