Get your notepad ready because today on the blog you’ll be treated to 25 copy-and-paste blog templates you can use on your blog right now. Originally, when this blog post was first published in February of 2012 (a looooong time ago in blog years), Kim Roach from Buzzblogger.com was kind enough to share with us her 17 ideas for blog posts. In this new-and-updated version, I’ve added 8 of my own ideas that have worked for me over the years. So now you have 25 helpful blog post templates at your fingertips!
If you’re an online business owner or entrepreneur, you should probably have a blog. If you don’t, this post will give you a strong start to learn what kinds of things you can publish. If you don’t even have a website yet, check out my free course, Build Your Own Brand, to help you learn, step by step, how to pick a brand and start a website.
I’ve had the Smart Passive Income blog for over a decade now. Believe me when I tell you that sometimes it’s difficult to figure out what to write about. So, take these blog post templates with you, to inspire new blog post ideas for your own website for many months to come!
The 25 blog post templates covered in this post are:
- Make a Predictions Post
- Things You Might Not Know About Me
- Why I Don’t Do ‘X’
- (Famous Person Guide) To (Blank)
- Case Study
- Product Showdowns
- ‘X’ Things You Must Do After (Blank)
- How To (Blank) In (X Number of Days / Hours)
- Experimental Posts
- Comprehensive Pillar Posts
- (Insert Desired Benefit) That No One Talks About
- Blog Post Roundup
- Things I Wish I Had Done Differently
- The Tools of the Trade
- Ask / Involve the Reader!
- Debunk Industry Myths
- Comment on Industry Gossip
- New Product, Course, or Book Launch
- Celebrate An Anniversary
- Special Announcement Post
- Year In Review
- Goals for the Year Ahead
- Tips For Newbies
- Insider Interviews
- Q&A Blog Post
After reading about her amazing blog post ideas, keep reading for the BONUS 8 templates I’ve added to this new and updated material. If you write at all online, this is a post to bookmark for future reference – guaranteed.
Do you ever get writer's block?
I mean do you ever sit down at your computer with that blank screen mocking you in the face?
As a blogger, I've done this on more than one occasion.
Sure, I use all kinds of tricks to get the ‘ol inspiration motor running. . .
- I keep a list of running article ideas.
- I browse all of my favorite blogs scouting for possible ideas.
- Tweet my followers for ideas.
- If I get really desperate I'll whip up a nice bubble bath and some wine